A few items of interest to Club members and associates:
- Because of the Memorial Day holiday, our next Club meeting will be held at 7:00 PM on Monday 5 June. The next work party day is Saturday 3 June. Start time around 8:00 – 8:30 AM.
- On Saturday May 27th we will host a ‘Take a Vet Fishing” event. All shooting ranges will be closed during this event. Anyone interested in helping to run this event should contact John Ahrens by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (860) 379-6652.
- Our Club Bylaws were reviewed and need to be updated. A copy of the proposed changes are posted in the Clubhouse and will be available in the “Members Only” part of our website. The Bylaws revision will be presented at the 5 June meeting for review by the membership. Formal vote on the bylaws can occur during the 26 June Club meeting.
- The Trap Clubhouse is being extended slightly to allow more room inside for Winter shooting. We are looking for a member with Carpentry experience to lead this project. If anyone wants to volunteer to run this, please contact Harris Daigle by email at DAIG3@AOL.COM or by phone at (860) 482-1253.
- Rock removal at the end of the Rifle Range will start soon. The exact date is not set. The Club phone will be updated to reflect any range closures and the Rainedout messaging service will provide updates as they happen. Signing up for the Rainedout service is easy. To subscribe to the text message notification service, please go to:
To register you simply plug in your cell phone number or email address and they send a verification number to your phone or computer which you type and begin receiving notifications. If you lose the above link, you can go directly to http://www.rainedout.com, search for “Northwestern Connecticut Sportsman’s Association” under “Hunting” and register there.