A few items of interest to Club members and associates:
- Membership renewal time is coming soon. Regular and new members have until 31 August to complete work hours for this year. Life, Junior, Military and Special members do not have required work time. Renewal forms for Life members will be mailed out in about a week. All of the rest will be mailed out on 1 September.
- We have a work party scheduled for Saturday 6 August. This is the last scheduled work party before 31 August. This is particularly important for the New Members who joined this year since 10 hours of work is required to maintain membership. When the 10 hours of work time is completed, the New member becomes a Regular member.
- The Club is hosting the State Archery Shoot on August 6th and 7th. Our archery chairman is looking for help to put this event on. Help is needed on both days starting from 6:00 AM until late afternoon. Any folk willing to help should contact Fred Wabrek (e-mail FWABREKJR@GMAIL.COM) for specific times/dates. Also, we recommend that Club members taking advantage of this shoot and participate in it!
- Elections for Club Officers and Board of Directors will occur at our August meeting (Monday 29 August). If any Club member is interested in filling *any*one of these posts, please contact Jason Marshall to get your name on the list!
- The rifle range is currently open during weekdays until the rock crusher gets moved in. To get the latest information on rifle range availability, call the Club phone or sign up for the “rainedout” text message service. Signing up for the rainedout service is easy. To subscribe to the text message notification service, please go to:
To register you simply plug in your cell phone number or email address and they send a verification number to your phone or computer which you type and begin receiving notifications. If you lose the above link, you can go directly to http://www.rainedout.com, search Northwestern Connecticut Sportsman’s Association under Hunting and register there.
- As previously discussed at the last two Club meetings, we are considering a land purchase. When (and if) we get solid facts and pricing, the specifics will be presented to the membership for discussion and a vote.
- We have firewood available for sale to Club members and associates. Cost it $125.00 per cord. The firewood is in two locations. The Flagg Hill archery range (split last summer) and outside the club house (split this summer).
- When the rifle range is closed for rock crushing work during weekdays, the pistol range will be available for .22 rim fire rifle, and pistol caliber rifle shooting. We will make every effort to have the rifle range open on weekends and holidays.
- This year we will be having a Sportsman’s Tag Sale at the Club on the rifle range. The date is Saturday 10 September. Times will be 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.